Monday, May 23, 2005

Safar Jinoob

Taking a university job in the eastern province would require a new focus and a new perspective on routine and self discipline--an "on the road to Damascus conversion".

It would mean adapting a new set of principles. It would mean a lot more effort. Whether or not I go back to the magic kingdom will depend upon new principles. Digging deep and finding renewed inspiration and regaining a sense of innocence as well as awe.

Maybe with time -- if I am on
my toes--I'll find unfurling deep inside an ability to finally step into the shoes of the feller whom I've loathed and admired to hazardous extremes.

I have little doubt that the move will call for surrendering my distinctive, frequently anti-social, and mildly unique experiences of my existance up to this phase of life, trading all this
in for what is generally considered to be behavior which reflects well the chronicles and chronology of my life.

Still, life in the kingdom doesn't have to be an entirely hopeless a situation although viewed from the outside it can't help but appear to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home