Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Vacation from Vacation

Domestic bliss and the cat zoo of Kuwait were a nice change of pace from in life in Abu Dhabi, but I need a break from the offensive heat of desert war rumors of war. As the count down to Armageddon clock ticks away in Lebanon, I have beat a retreat farther east with Purgatory to my back. I will be in Bangkok two more nights.

You know you're getting on in years when the first thing you do when you hit Bangkok is Google for a twelve step meeting.

I think I'll stroll down Khao San Road and treat myself to some Baskin Robbins.

The Yin of my trip will be Angkor Wat of course. The Yang probably won't get any more daring than managing to stay on my carbo free diet and shed some of the Homer Simpson gut I acquired in Abu Dhabi last year living alone and living off of convenient store staples.

Ana Zoija had me in aerobics class in Kuwait. The classes helped condition me to carry a 30 pound backpack at a fast clip for up to forty-five minutes. If I trek, I hope I won't slow others down.

I am in the worst shape of my life and trying to reverse that.

Getting to Poipet will be easy--hire a driver to take me to the Cambodian border, hire a driver in Cambodia to take me to Siem Reap.

Avoiding carbs may be a difficult maneauver in a rice and noodle culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home