Monday, July 23, 2007

Come Get Your Kicks on National Hwy 6


Not really ready to make a move, but we're running low on time, and I want to spend some time on a beach before we have to return to the island (of Abu Dhabi) where animal labor has been replaced by more cost efficient manual labor from Bangla Desh. We have arranged for a taxi to take us back to Toi-Let tomorrow morning and from there a micro bus will carry us to BKK. One night there then we "ride a mail train baby" to Hua Hin, where we hope to "buy a thrill".

Last night Mr. K and I hauled our guitars to the Dead Fish Cafe and made use of their sound system to amplify our twangy caterwauling, taking turns strumming and singing a loose alt country (whatever that is) and sixties hippy shit set.


Two old farts sang old farty music like Paint It Black" (that be me), "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"" (that be Mr. K), "I Shall Be Released" (me), "Day After Day"(K), "Dead Flowers" and Tecumseh Valley (me and me).

The drunker the audience got, the better we sounded; the louder the applause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home