Thursday, January 17, 2008

Can't Talk/ Comin Down

I've been back from Bangkok for a week. The day I got in, our plane had to go into a holding pattern for two hours because the entire UAE shut down--all roads closed, everyone stay at home, in doors--200 million dollars lost in revenue because Bush was in town. To be fair to asshole, I'm sure the Sheikhs insisted on showing off their fancy new civilization.



The four horse men of the apocalypse must follow this guy like a bad odor. After he left, three days of end times rain shut down the entire country--fancy new civilization forgot to install drainage. Flash flooding on major roads. Commerce a no-go for another three days.



Where's a suicide bomber when you need one? Like cops and taxis, I suppose.



Open mike is tomorrow--this month I'm doing two sets--one solo and one with another feller who likes to harmonize, so he's had his hands full with me, trying to keep me on the John part of a Beatles' song or the bass part on "Weeds, whites and wine" from Little Feat's "Willin' ".



Pity the poor Rose as her man detoxes from 10 days of swallowing codeine and little else, 24/7. I dropped 10 pounds, but I might be in the market for an emergency back-up woman once she disappears into the night--gone to get a six-pack and cigarettes--same as it ever was.



Hey--at least I've reached a point in my life where I know that as much fun as opiate-derivatives can be, I have to sign in at work on Sunday, and we can't have a pill-popping me on board. Not for long anyway.



Hallelujah!

5 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

It's kind of sad, isn't it, how hallucinogenic experiences start losing their lustre? Worse then sad. They were once the source of unparaled fun. Now, they're just opiates and Bush in town.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

. . .and I'm in dutch with the missus! Do you think someone who's lived through a bloody revolution and eight years of nearby trench warfare, only with Scud missiles taking out bits and pieces of your 'hood--that this person has any sympathy for the nausea and why me's? that come with detox?

11:26 PM  
Blogger booda baby said...

You forgot to pack your pocket copy of Manifest Destiny and Other Mythic Thingies We're Entitled To Because We Think We Are and We Said it First, Including Whining and Sighing at the Great Burden of Being Us Even While We're Enjoying an Opiated State. Didn't you?

All you'd have to do is open a random page, pop an index finger in and say: Look. Look. I am right.

It's worked fabulously for so many people. I can't personally recommend it, having never tried it myself, but I hear stories.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

Booda--to quote you "ha. ha. and ha."
By the way--if you happen back to this comment--can you leave a link to your Boop Leave it or Love it? That is one wise bird.

12:54 AM  
Blogger booda baby said...

He is, isn't he?! But like all things, he's as wise as the comp'ny he keeps and he keeps some pretty dopey company, so I feel waaay better about myself.

http://www.boodababies.com/boop-loves-it.htm

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home