Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas in Heaven (Again)

The three-legged white cat scheduled to be euthanized got adopted on the eve of its execution. The vericose veins in my left leg have been removed and I can start training again next week. I'm going to spend a few nights in the shadow of Mt. Everest next month. And the not-too-far left of center utopia I've been thirsting for all my politically aware life is just around the corner.

Now, Gmail beta has themes I can add to my Email client which will greet me every time I open my Email like those mass forwarded conversations with God PowerPoint presentations that come around about every six months or so and remind me why I haven't given up, keep on keepin' on, instead of bolting for Cambodia to score morphine sulphate over the counter as a slow and painless way of beating having to work. I want for nothing.

3 Comments:

Blogger sageweb said...

I would have adopted a three legged cat..I had a three legged dog growing up.
I havent heard about gmail beta, seems almost fabulous.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

Sage--there will soon be another tripod available. Really. The missus is going to LA next week. I'm just saying.

Yup. The new Gmail themes include sunsets on ocean horizons, stars, planets, colors turning in Vermont. The new themes give you a word of the day. Today's word is "amatory". Just when I thought it doesn't get better than this--Google does it again. We were promised hope--and here it is.

8:46 AM  
Blogger booda baby said...

Well, it's too bad you can't hear all my little spitting/gurgling noises. Me, too! I'm deeeelighted with my gmail theme. Nearly thrilled!

All things in their proper place. Can't be thrilled about my gmail theme when I need THAT for the cat.
I love when kitties are saved. I love that you help save kitties.
It's a kind, kind thing you do.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home