Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fog and Sand

Christmas Eve morning. I finished my shopping early this year. Got everything on my list yesterday. This is a first. I don't know what to do with all this free time today, the day I normally set aside for Christmas shopping. Fog rolled in this morning and is still hanging low giving me a sorta kinda white Christmas. I need to keep training for the Everest thing, so I will probably find a nice sand dune to run up and down, closing my eyes and trying to imagine the crunchy stuff beneath my feet is snow. I'll be knee deep in the real stuff soon enough, with an insurance card in my wallet that has a helicopter rescue rider in it, which I think is pretty fucking cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger sageweb said...

THat is cool. I cant imagine even imagining to climb everest. So awesome!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Sling said...

Getting to the base camp at Everest sounds like a pretty impressive thing to me!..
Thanks for dropping by my blog buddy.
Merry Christmas!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

Sage--
I'm actually walking there--to the base camp from where the real climbing begins. Still, it is a lot of walking uphill. My 34 inch waist needs to be 34 again. All my jeans are tight. This is the reason for my trek. The views will be nice too I suppose.

Merry Christmas Sling--Yeah, trekkin to base camp is the B- of Everest adventures but I've always been happy with anything in the grade B range, even with a minus.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home