Friday, January 02, 2009

if i die on top of the hill and if i dont make it you know my baby will





Sherpa Pilot Babe





The morning fog kept us grounded for three hours before we were clear to fly from Kathmandu to Lukla. Once in the air, a flight attendant brought me a caramel candy and a cup of water. I specifically ordered the kosher meal. I suggest one double checks these things next time you fly Yeti Air.
Once we buffeted our way into the Lukla airport, Dawa and I took off for Phanding--a four hour hike, half up, half flat terrain. That's where I spent New Years Eve with a coffee and a brandy.


We left the next day, New Years Day, early, about 7. My bottled water had blocks of ice floating in it. The hump to Namche is mostly up and curvy then up and more curviness, on and on for about 2000 meters.
Namche is at 3,500 meters. We're sticking around here today to acclimatize--well, I'm the one acclimatizing. Dawa is happy I haven't slowed him down too much.


Miss my wife. Miss my cats. Miss the dog. Miss a hot shower at the end of each day. I don't miss my mobile.

4 Comments:

Blogger sageweb said...

How awesome! Sounds amazing. I so envy you.

7:51 PM  
Blogger booda baby said...

Everything about this is taking my breath away. Thank you thank you!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Your posting stuff during this trek??? Damn!

I don't know anyone who's done more cool stuff than you have.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

Can't feel my toes in the middle of the night, but fuck me if there isn't an Internet Cafe in every other Sherpa village.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home