Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Attitudes and Platitudes

Five Things to Do in Amsterdam before Going to a Coffee House: Check into your hotel, Unpack your suitcase, Wash your face, have a Heineken in the lounge and ask the front desk for a brochure to see what times the Anne Frank house opens and closes before you forget.

Five Truths: Beauty, It's in wine, nothing is forbidden, Jimmy Rodgers started it and cold pizza is a breakfast treat.

Five Books: Five Books I Read in Adolescence That Probably Warped Me: Myra Breckinridge, In Cold Blood, The Sand Pebbles, The Complete Marquis De Sade and Crime and Punishment

5 Things I don't leave the house without! Sense of humour, A sense of the absurd, sense of cosmic irony, A sense of feeling that I've forgotten somthing and My horrible sense of direction.

Top Five Kama Sutra Positions The Monkey, The Cat, Crushing Spices, The knot of fame and the Clinging Creeper.


One truth: Wikipedia + Edit>"Find on this page" has sounded the death knell of thoughtful analysis. You may repeat this out of context.

Be devoted to something despite the consequences.

Leo O'Bannion: "So you wanna kill him?" Eddie Dane: "For starters." Miller's Crossing.

Wanna put this on EBay: Any six figures a year corporate types out there who want to leave it all behind and follow your bliss into the noble art of teaching?--leave a message on my wall. Let's talk life swap.

The high tomorrow will be 38 C. Fifteen years as an ex-pat and that "C" still means nothing to me. I think it will be hot but I'm not sure.


More specifically, you can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, many people a couple of times, a few people several times, plenty of people a great deal of the time, and a gaggle of people as much as necessary, but you can't fool all of the people without a strong lobby.

Unsolvable mystery: When will Crocs go out of fashion?.


4 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

Oooh, I was swinging with the Five's and suddenly - poof! - we plummeted to lonely, single observations. Which were all good, particularly the fooling by lobby one, but still ... :)

5:34 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

FB, if you haven't heard, offers up these Living Social lists--typically your five (whatevers--favorite boy bands, favorite high school prom themes)--but you can me your own, so I did. I did it for awhile then it became a done that. Like fine British sit-coms--do a few then get out. Might do a few redux.

I left off my five favorite dead Native American languages. Think I'll post them just the same, just for you.

Glad to see you back on your block. That's inspired me to use a defibrillator on mine.

6:06 AM  
Blogger booda baby said...

my five favorite dead Native American languages.

What? No one's speaking them? You'd think they'd take a little of that well-earned and deserved money they're rolling in and revive the tongues.

Although I can't see anyone putting up the money for an obscure language version of reality tv and that's really what's running the show, isn't it?

6:18 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

I dunno. I have been wondering how one would say, "This man has no pulse; he's been murdered" in Chinook. Throw money.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home