Friday, September 25, 2009

Christiane

Knowing on a daily basis what’s taking place in the world has always floored me, and like a train wreck, I can’t take my eyes off scenes of wars, revolutions and famine. I may indeed be negligent of and insensitive to all the suffering in the world. ...But the truth is I can no longer watch Christiane Amanpour knowing she will never be mine.

Wonder what my chances are that one day Christiane Amanpour will share a lane with me at Mid City N.O. Rock n Bowl? Something in the neigborhood of .0000001% I'm guessing.

I hung out with Wayne Kramer in Baton Rouge for a couple of days--rather he let me hang out with him.
We have similar tastes. He's got competition.

2 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

Ah, it's an old, even ancient story - men who can no longer listen to the news delivered by a woman they can't have.

Okay, that's not true at all, but proof of how easy it is to say shit with a note of authority.

Which is why I've always like Christiane Amanpour SO much. When you're in a place and know the details of what she's reporting, it's a huge relief to discover she's actually captured much of the truth, negotiated her way through the ambiguities and whether by hard work or journalistic instinct managed to provide ... news.

Yours? Maybe not. But lane partner? Don't give up.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sling said...

I feel the same way about Hoda Kotb..

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home