Saturday, September 26, 2009

My 200 Iranian Rials Worth

200 Rials of course equals about 2 cents. In the day, it was 7 I.R to the dollar.

My missus was lucky to leave her country 15 years ago. What she left behind was a large family, most of whom, especially the younger generation, struggle as though they live in a poor, developing country. Typically lack of opportunity results in high suicide rates for the under thirty crowd.


The regime must be dealt with harshly, i.e. sanctions including rigid diplomatic isolation while at the same time, the sanctions must not target the quality of life of the majority who oppose to the regime. How this can be done requires more diplomatic acumen than I possess.

2 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

How this can be done requires more diplomatic acumen than I possess. And for a second or two, I thought you were going to give us a stroke of genius and fix things. Blogs are my favorite places to fix things. It all works out on a blog.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

Beats me. We could give the opposition guns, but Oliver North is keeping a low profile these days. Is he still alive?
Anyway, I'm just hoping we don't start importing in-laws.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home