Saturday, September 04, 2010

The New Snooping Through Someone's Medicine Cabinet: Go to Start>Search>Enter jpg, jpeg,mpeg and flv

So this friend of mine, a professional SE Asian semi-retiree ex-pat, went home to see his Mama. 

As he's coming through the customs clearance area, someone chalked "SB" on his luggage. "Search Bags".

His origin of departure was Bangkok.  He had a Cambodian work visa in his passport.

Come with us sir.

He's taken to a back room where he's sat at table across from a customs agent who wasn't really interested in other part of his luggage ensemble other than his laptop. 

The customs agent said, "Sorry sir, but. . ." he opened the laptop and starts to boot it up, "we get a lot of sex tourists from Southeast Asia passing through here and we just have to make sure that. . ."

But before the customs agent got to the part when he asked for a password, my friend responded, "Oh, I am a sex tourist."

The custom agent froze, a pause lasting maybe two beats followed before the agent collected himself and responded, "Excuse me?"

My friend answered, "I am a sex tourist. I'm a sex tourist but not a sexual predator. You're confusing the two. I think sexual predators should be locked up and gang raped until their eye balls start to bleed. I hope you catch them all, lock them up and throw away the key."

Another dumbstruck beat.

"OK sir," the customs agent sighed like one does after hearing a knock knock joke; he shuts down the computer and closes the laptop. "Sorry for the delay." He handed back the laptop. Welcome home, Have a nice day."

It's like marijuana and heroin, and the DEA's blindness to the various shades of gray.

Let's not lose sleep hoping that we can turn around the life of a 20-something 30 dollar a month 7-11 cashier who turns the occasional trick for a new hand bag. 

I've been a supporter of COYOTE since I was a teenager. (Well, what teenager wouldn't support COYOTE? But if COYOTE is still around, they still get my vote).

But. We should make chasing down child fuckers a 24-hour a day priority. Child fuckers never sleep. Neither should we when we're going after them.

So.

When I get back to Dubai, I'm going to write a grant and go after some of that sweet NGO anti-childfucking money. Only I want to start my NGO in Portugal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home