Tuesday, March 27, 2012

???

I don't know how the universe began. There is a plausible theory about subatomic particles travelling faster than the speed of light suddenly colliding and that the collision led to the formation of elemental gasses like hydrogen and helium which rapidly expanded to become the source of all things.

I don't know how life began. Something about a primordial soup and the evolution of single celled organisms.

I  have no clue why there are rewarding and retaliatory forces in a disinterested, supernatural world which lies beyond our senses, nor do I know why these forces so often remunerates us with miracles or reprimands us with great catastrophe when we so often don’t deserve either. 

I can't answer who or what or why or how all things were set into motion.

Why is it so many people since there have been people bundle all these unknown things together and write it all off with a single word--God--then merrily go on their way, fearing it, loving it, praying to it. I am happy for these people because they believe they do know and their happiness is heart warming.  They have faith but can sometimes be irritating when they condescend to those who don't have faith by either heaping great sympathy upon us who lack their faith or they can be dangerous when they make a decision to blow themselves up, taking as many people with them as they possibly can simply because others lack their brand of faith.
 
And I can't for the life of me figure out why people would call  Elton John or Bon Jovi rock and roll.

I also am greatly stumped when people curse on social networking sites, deleting certain letters substituting those letters with signs and symbols like # or * or @ as in  f#ck or sh*t or b@tch when on the receiving end of the message, their audience reads and hears the words in their minds. Are they trying not to offend us? Is it similar as to why Hebrews will only go so far as spelling out the name of their God as YHWH? I find it more offensive that people won't openly express these words with all letters or why not forget about using the words altogether. They are obviously somewhat computer savvy, and they must know there is an online thesaurus.

I accept that I will never know the answers to so many questions I once believed would be slowly revealed to me overtime through aging and wisdom; from my first inhalation to my final exhalation there are things which will always remain a mystery to me.
 
Fucking bugs the shit out of me sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger booda baby said...

I'm awfully pleased with your re-entry piece into the land of blogging. (I have now just deleted a big long paragraph - I think THAT qualifies as a re-entry, too.)

It's so strange to live at a time when so many people are hollering so loudly about everything they know nothing about with absolute certainty. (Okay, SOME thing we know something about, but ... how useful is that?) Not that people didn't do it before, but unless one passed through the city gate, one didn't have to listen to so much of the shit.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Pa said...

Hurrah for "shit" and not "sh*t"! Warm fuzzies and "I can haz cheeseburger" shares on Facebook are more acceptible to me than a viral posse. I wanted to use a plural for posse but how would I write it without it looking like I've mispelt possess? Anyway, I love sharing your work on FB--and love that you post only lots of warm fuzzies. I'm "this" close to pulling the plug on FB, but then I wouldn't get to see cats who make cute comments despite their bad grammar or your water colors.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home